Overview: When you think of InComm Payments, think of Innovative Payments Technology. We were founded 25 years ago and continue to be a pioneer in the payment (FinTech) industry. Since our inception, we have grown to be a team of over 2,500 employees in 30 countries around the world. We own over 386 global technical patents and a network that includes over 500,000 points of retail distribution that points to our industry expertise.
InComm Payments works with the most recognized and valued brands in the world, and we are partnered with most of the worlds leading merchants. InComm Payments is highly focused on our people and their growth, and we work hard to make a career at InComm Payments meaningful and rewarding. We value innovation, quality, passion, integrity and responsibility in all that we do, and we are looking for great people to join our team as we move forward towards a very bright future.
You can learn more about careers at InComm Payments here: or connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , or Our Blog .
Inside InComm from InComm on Vimeo .
About This Opportunity: The Software Engineer II willdesign, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy, and document software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Support new and continued development of Closedloop Platform. Develop, build, deploy and configure applications
- Technical design and analysis of business use cases in preparation for development.
- Work well in Agile or Lean Software Development Life Cycle.
- Follow InComm standards and best practices, for logging, code review
- Manage and maintain lower environments (QA, UAT, Staging)
- Support production deployments
- Assist with production support, on-call schedule for DEV resources.
- Automate processes through SDLC to permit speed of delivery
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting is in place prior to production deployments.
- Technical design and analysis of business use cases in preparation for development
- Able to quickly adjust and support changing priorities per business needs.
- Provide unit testing to ensure quality of builds in a continuous integration environment.
- Engage in production deployment co-ordination and verification
- Create documentation on the existing system and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams, runbooks
- Participate in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, unit testing, and issue tracking software
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veterans status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. *This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed
- Work effectively in a team environment to produce good quality and timely results
- Able to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work
- Parse, analyze and understand system log files
- Customer Service orientation with the ability to effectively interact with users of all levels
- Able to proactively address system issues that have potential impact for the corporation
- Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Check and verify the applications are running and functioning properly after system updates
- Migration of platforms and application components.
- Support after-hours coverage/escalation & support on-call rotation
- Expertise of Object Oriented Programming and Design principles
- Experience with the full lifecycle of software development including use of version control tools, build management, unit testing, issue tracking software (e.g. SVN, Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio, JIRA)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-administration, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and effective prioritization
- Required Experience with most of the technologies listed below
- Open JDK11
- Agine with test driven development practices
- Spring (data, boot, security, batch and actuator)
- In memory caching like Hazelcast
- Oracle 12c
- XML, JSON
- Hibernate, Hibernate/JPA
- REST Services
- API Management frameworks
- General SQL/Database experience, MS-SQL, Oracle
- Jenkins, Sonar
- JIRA & Confluence
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex systems and situations and troubleshoot issues
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal interactions (ability to foster a cooperative work environment)
- Experience in managing multiple assignments