Opportunity at a Glance :
In support of the company mission, the Senior Software Developer will work as part of an agile software development team, designing, developing, and implementing software solutions. Under the supervision of the Director of Platform Engineering and following the guidelines of the Software Architect. Senior Software Developer may provide support for existing and new applications that are required to support OnCourse Learnings LMS platform. He/she will maintain documentation used to further enhance and support applications. The Senior Software Developer must maintain their industry knowledge and technical abilities through self-motivated learning, research, and development. The employee is expected to adhere to ethics policies and practices as established by OnCourse Learning.
This is a remote position where you can work out of your home office.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Design and development of high performing, scalable new applications, features, and functionality.
- Review work produced by junior developers and peers. Verify maintainability, extensibility and assure complexity has been minimized.
- Contributes to changes in development standards and development processes.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects.
- Track issues using standardize processes within tools like JIRA.
- Participate and be an active contributor to OnCourse Learnings Software Development Lifecycle including Daily SCRUM, Stand-Ups, User Story Review, and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Manage assigned tasks to deliver quality software solutions in given timeframe.
- Analyze and fix performance problems on the application.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Other Duties as assigned
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well under pressure and adapt to shifting and/or nebulous priorities
- Experience diagnosing technology system health across technology stacks that might not be related to specific area of responsibility
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organizations Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalems HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are :
AtAdtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine,Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine.(NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visi t adtalem.com .
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We dont just welcome differences, we celebrate them.#WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment toDiversity and Inclusion , click here to visit our Diversity page.