Title: Software Engineer II – Full Stack
The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
About This Role
Hologram is looking for a skilled full-stack engineer to build modern, robust services and UX to power the future of IoT connectivity. We’re looking for someone with pride in their craft, a proven track record of delivering quality software, and strong teamwork fundamentals such as autonomy, time management, and cross-functional collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- A different kind of technical challenge: more than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world
- We’re committed to writing software with a focus on maintainability and best practice in a high-trust environment that encourages teamwork and recognizes ownership
- Hologram believes in transparency across the company from our roles and expectations to how many dollars are in the bank
- Hologram engineers work on widely varied challenges and are actively encouraged to learn new skills and competencies to strengthen the team
- We collaborate across departments, partnering directly with designers and product owners to focus on high value work and long-term quality
Helpful skills and experience:
- Experience estimating, producing, and deploying maintainable software
- Experience improving software quality improvements through best practices modularization, testing, documentation, readability, etc.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams: effectively communicating with counterparts across departments to clarify requirements, communicate status, and deliver quality results.
- Proven ability to learn, apply, and iterate on best practices within a project/team.
- Experience providing technical leadership within a project or area of expertise.
- Adaptability and an eagerness to continue learning and growing
- A self-motivated desire to learn how things work and improve them.
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, and remote-first team united by our mission of building a more connected future. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity – the pay range for this role is $117,000 – $175,000.
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- We cover 100% for employees and dependents on our base medical plan
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Monthly benefits budget
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone and everything stay online and connected.
What to expect in the interview process:
- An intro call with a member of our recruiting team
- Brief coding exercise and review
- Technical Interview with folks of our Engineering Team
- Behavioral Interview with one of our Engineering Managers
- Collaborative Interview with folks from our Product and/or Design Team
- Background Check