Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer I (Remote Care Operations). We are seeking an high caliber Software Engineer I to add to the Remote Care Operations Team.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Working under limited supervision, is primarily accountable for providing technical support in response to inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients and field staff
- On a 24-hour "on call basis" (rotating between other department employees), provides technical support services (once every two months for one week)
- Perform root cause analysis and identification of solutions to complex field issues in adherence to our Quality Systems Regulations
- Apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems
- Be involved in system validation, data analytics, test automation and tool development
- Must be able to juggle priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exercises technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, coordinating and/or directing work
- Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness
- Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and risk management, and coordinates solutions for technical and project issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Minimum 0-2 years:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related engineering field.
- Experience with visual modeling, graphical user interfaces, multi-threading, networking, relational databases, formal software development methodologies, and source code management is recommended.
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Experience in a range of software engineering disciplines using a variety of programming methods
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on