We're seeking an exceptional, self-motivated full-stack software engineer with an automation bent to help us design and implement core biologics data management, AI and ML pipelines, and rich science- and analysis-enabling features to support and advance our primary mission. Using agile, cloud-native software design patterns and a DevOps mindset, you'll collaborate with the science and data teams to advance our efforts.
- Automate core services in the AWS cloud.
- Manage our rich datasets involving sequences and experimental observations we measure from those sequences.
- Create a best-in-class workflow and data control plane for our laboratory devices.
- Make data streaming from our labs as valuable and actionable as possible.
- Continuously improve the reliability, repeatability, efficiency, and visibility of all engineering processes.
- Continuously increase the scope of our automation and workflow control.
- Tightly link experimental and machine learning platform components.
- Nice-to-haves include laboratory or sensor-based devices background; biology or science experience; experience with: Python 3, RESTful API design, AWS, RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, PyTorch, or other AI/ML software or GPU programming.
About You You have a stellar track record in both design and execution in prior engineering roles and 5+-10+ years of hands-on software programming experience. You can communicate with engineers and non-engineers effectively and synthesize requirements and needs between lab scientists, data scientists, and engineers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment helping to launch, operate and grow a high-potential startup. If you love tinkering, optimizing, and diving headfirst into diverse, highly technical projects then BigHat could be the right home for you.