About the Role:
We're seeking an exceptional, self-motivated full-stack software engineer with a strong UI/UX vision and web design skills to help us design and implement core corporate interfaces to experiments, data and program progress. In addition, design input into our web presence, board slides and everything user interface are nearby goals.
Key Responsibilities Using agile, cloud-native software design patterns, you'll collaborate with the science and data teams to advance our efforts to:
- Implement best practices and consistent design language in our internally developed backoffice LIMS+ tool with focus on
- Interaction design patterns
- Visual design language
- Content guidelines
- Design resources
- Drive user testing and continuous improvement for our internal products, website, dashboards and work with teams to collect success metrics to measure progress
- Manage interfaces into our rich datasets involving DNA and amino acid sequences and experimental observations we measure from those sequences.
- Experience designing high quality data visualizations highly desirable
- Make data streaming from our labs as valuable and actionable as possible.
- Nice-to-haves include laboratory or sensor-based devices background; experience with: Python 3, RESTful API design, AWS, RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, PyTorch, or other AI/ML software or GPU programming.
About YouYou have a stellar track record in both design and execution in prior engineering roles and 5+-10+ years of hands-on software and UI/UX design experience. You can communicate with engineers and non-engineers effectively and synthesize requirements and needs between lab scientists, data scientists, and engineers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment helping to launch, operate and grow a high-potential startup. If you love tinkering, optimizing, and diving headfirst into diverse, highly technical projects then BigHat could be the right home for you!