As one of the worlds leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. Weve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
At Canopy Biosciences, a Bruker Company, we develop high-end microscopy for advanced spatial profiling research in biology and medicine. We are a small, dynamic team with research, development, production, marketing, and sales in the US and Germany. We're looking for a highly qualified candidate to join our software development team.
The Canopy Biosciences group is looking for a talented Software Development Manager to join our software team and be an integral player in designing and developing our world leading multiplex spatial profiling technology. You will be responsible for managing and leading a team of data scientists and engineers on the full spectrum of software development from hardware interfaces and instrument control to software application design for interacting with the user. You will design, program, analyze, debug, and modify software enhancements for new tools based on spatial profiling technology. This position requires the demonstration of cooperative teamwork, responsibility, initiative and innovation. You will interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- You will work with a friendly, motivated, international team of skilled developers
- You will be responsible for managing a team of developers and data scientists
- You, along with other senior management at the company, will help set the strategy for both short-term and long-term research and development surrounding the technology
- You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies, around both software and hardware, and flexibly devote time to looking into new cutting-edge solutions.
- You will take part in our team effort to build high-end spatial profiling solutions, enabling quality user experience for researchers using our technology at the best research institutions around the globe, leading to important scientific discoveries in biology and medicine.
- As part of our ambitious team effort, your focus would be on software design and management of the software development team on Chipcytometry technology
- In addition, this person should have significant skills in regard to the development of
- the frontend (GUI) for user control which will be applied to our automated Chip Cytometers
- image processing/computation (with a focus on AI-based image processing)
- 5+ years experience of Multi-Platform app development (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Web, iOS, android, e.g. Flutter)
- Significant experience in developing, leading, and managing high-impact teams
- The ability to manage, lead and motivate a team of talented researchers and developers in order to ensure successful delivery of team goals, continually find efficiencies and implement improvements
- Profound knowledge about structured metadata (XML and JSON)
- Knowledge about non-relational databases, especially usage of MongoDB, desired knowledge about Firebase
- Close interaction and understanding of working with UI/UX designers
- Efficient data transmission between databases and file storages on a multi-user background
- Proven ability in image generation, handling and display. Experience stitching/tiling of large image arrays is desired
- 5+ years Image processing: including object recognition (AI and/or algorithm based), model-based value calculation of single objects, and spatial/spectral spillover compensation desired