Responsibilities: 100% Remote
We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for (ODASD) Environment & Energy Resilience (E&ER).
ODASD E&ER establishes policy and governance for programs and activities that enable resilience and cyber-secure energy for weapon systems and installations. This includes budgetary, policy, and management oversight of programs related to climate change, compliance with environmental laws, prevention of pollution, management of natural and cultural resources, and cleanup of contaminated sites, as well as energy resilience, risk, and performance.
As an ASP.NET Product Development Lead, you will be a valued member of a collaborative team of talented SW Engineers, developers, managers and clients in a fast paced iterative and agile development environment. The Product Development Lead will be in a key role in a program designed to improve the operation of the Department of Defenses environmental and energy research and development (R&D) programs.
Qualified candidate will provide high level technical expertise for full life cycle development and support to this critical program, including:
- Engage and partner with internal and client personnel to understand specific system and functional requirements.
- Design, develop, and test web-applications using .NET, Visual Studio, and SQL Server
- Work directly with project task leaders and a cross-functional team to plan and successfully implement initiatives
- Analyze and apply expertise and judgment to selection of technologies, approach, techniques, and methodologies based on business and system objectives.
- Develop trust and confidence of clients by demonstrating comprehension of the program and the ability to anticipate and capitalize on opportunities for optimization and/or address potential issues.
- Participate in the development and delivery of effective internal and client presentations of the system and/or work program as necessary.
- Improve yourself and your team through ongoing idea-sharing, collaboration, problem-solving, and mentorship.
- Serve as a Software Quality Officer for applications outside of our group, including sharing best practices and approving vulnerability deviation requests
In your first year, you will work with a Product Owner to stand up a new data analytics application for a client, which will be improved and expanded in future years. This role will involve close coordination with the development team, client stakeholders, and a Noblis AI/ML team.
If you want to code alone, this is not
the job for you. If you want to be actively engaged and involved with an Agile project team and our client to deliver meaningful improvements to important research programs, this is
the job for you.
Client Engagement: Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. Participate on proposals Qualifications: Req uired minimum ski lls and knowledge:
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 8+ years of related experience OR Masters degree with 6+ years of related experience OR Doctorate degree with 4+ years related experience
- U.S. Citizen
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in software design and web development with .NET
- At least 2 years of experience developing applications with .NET MVC
- Experience working with MVC and Entity Framework strongly preferred
- Experience working in multi-developer teams and advanced knowledge of version control and source code control processes
- Strong experience in HTML5 and CSS
- Deep understanding of OO principles, enterprise patterns and classical design patterns.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple tasks using Agile Scrum or XP
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Experience with AWS S3 and Lambdas
- Experience with Telerik/Kendo UI
- Exposure to AI/ML concepts
- Experience coding with alternative view engines (e.g., Razor)
Overview: With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to approved ADA or religious accommodations. Proof of vaccination will be required with employment and all unvaccinated employees will be subject to additional health and safety requirements. Restrictions may be aligned to federal, state, and/or client requirements
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI , Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards . Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact .