ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer V Wallet Common Services to add to our rapidly growing communities product engineering team. The Communities team helps ID.me members verify their affiliation with various communities such as Military, Students, Nurses, Teachers, etc so that members can receive services and benefits from various brands. Additionally, the Community team can help users verify their Medical Credentials, Business Ownerships, and Income Verification to get access to certain goods and services which are only available to certain groups. The Communities team is also responsible for helping brands and partners easily integrate with ID.me community verification, configure policies for verification, and provide reporting on the verification process. This is a key growth area for the company and a very exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial engineers.
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs.
- Consistently deliver complex features without oversight and provide oversight to other team members on their deliverables.
- Guide team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs.
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services.
- Shape how we use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free.
- Demonstrate mastery of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and document critiques, and actively participate in cross team knowledge sharing forums.
- Proven track record of owning and shipping features end to end including thorough automated test coverage, observability, monitoring, and documentation.
- Strong understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Exposure with deploying features using A|B testing strategies and ability to interpret results.
- Experience building systems and services in a containerized, cloud based, infrastructure as code driven ecosystem in any cloud platform.
- Experience with GCP utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, or Nomad.
- Must have an obsession for building quality products.
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning, and continuous improvement.
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Startup experience.
* Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours