ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer III - Wallet Tools to add to our rapidly growing Internal Tools product engineering team. In this role, you will implement small to medium features across the full stack independently, while collaborating with the team on larger projects. You’ll have the opportunity to influence user experience through experimentation and data analysis. You’ll use your passion for quality and task automation to write performant, maintainable, well tested code. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including engineering, product, data, operations, and senior leadership to achieve your goals.
The Tools team is responsible for applications utilized by Member Support, Fraud Operations, and other critical ID.me teams to assist members with identity verification, fraud, and general support. The team advocates and paves the way for automated testing, observability, and other initiatives across the organization. On this team you will have the opportunity to build systems at scale, query large data sets and collaborate with key internal stakeholders to build functionality that directly impacts internal and external users.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free
- Demonstrate proficiency of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Use infrastructure as code to manage and provision application infrastructure
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub
- A passion and experience in using automated testing as a lever to increase quality and predictability for the entire ecosystem.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic.
- Understanding of technologies and standards such as OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, XACML SCIM, OAuth, Federated login, etc
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- An obsession for building quality products.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with Hashicorp Nomad/Vault/Consul/Terraform
- Experience using automated deployment and verification strategies
* Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours