Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Home working but able to commute to the Head office in Southend on Sea once a month
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
We offer our partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retentions. Hood Group is now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting-edge technology. In 2020, we moved to a hybrid homeworking model enabling the best use of office space for collaboration whilst realizing the efficiencies and benefits of working from home."
We invest in the careers of all our staff, through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. We understand the importance of staff wellbeing and maintaining a good work/life balance and also provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a Group funded Sports and Social committee and we work hard to provide a family feel to the company. On completion of probation we also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
The successful candidate will be charged with delivering flexible, robust and innovative solutions that meet Business and Partner requirements.
* Following company agreed methodology to maintain and update an in-house web and back office system according to business needs
* Leading on innovate design solutions; from new product development, enhanced customer engagement and Contributing to Project and Change Requests with relevant solutions and ensure all software development complies with the overall I.T design and architecture strategy
* Engaging in the full development lifecycle from analysis and implementation to testing, debugging, release and handover
* Creating clear, concise documentation based on company templates to record all changes made including handover to testing, releases and support handover
* Mentoring and supporting a small team of developers
Required Skills and Experience:
* At least two years commercial experience in software development position
* Azure DevOps, familiarity with Cloud dev
* Source control via bitbucket or similar
* Relational and non-relational database technologies (ideally SQL Server).
* Ability to confidently discuss and demonstrate technologies
* Design code that adheres to the SOLID principles
* Ability to evaluate and recommend improvements for software effectiveness.
* Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and documentation.
* Working to strict quality standards
* Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills including the use of Jira/ Kanban
* Ability to confidently discuss and demonstrate technologies to staff across the IT, Development and the wider business
* Used to reviewing business requirements (functional/non-functional) and technical specifications
* Web: Bootstrap
* Tools: JIRA, Bitbucket
* Data Frameworks: Dapper, MSSQL/TSQL
* Http Services: WebAPI, WCF, Web Services, HttpHandlers
* Testing Frameworks: NUnit, XUnit, Moq
* Source Control: TFS/Azure DevOps, Git
* IoC: Microsoft Dependency Injection
* Others: Mobile app development, Xamarin, DevOps,
This is a permanent role working a 37.5 hour working week and the salary banding is £45,000 - £55,000 pa dependent on experience. The annual leave allowance is 31 days (including 8 bank holiday days). On completion of probation Hood Group provides an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.