Paradyme Management is a rapidly growing government technology leader that puts service first, for its customers, its team and the communities it supports. Paradyme harnesses DevSecOps and Agile development processes to deliver exceptional results for digital transformations. With offices in Greenbelt, MD, and Tysons Corner, VA, Paradymes award-winning culture sets it apart through its teams deep commitment to service and collaboration with its customers, each other and the community.Learn more at .
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a cross-functional Information Systems team suppoerting the Department of State. The Software Engineer is responsible for coordinating with the PMO to understand business requirements. As part of an agile team, the Software Engineer will review the product backlog, participate in backlog refinement sessions, spring planning ceremonies and retrospectives, and develop application functionality to support evolving business and security requirements.
The role is a combination of front-end and back-end software engineering (beyond a simple a content development role). The ideal candidate will be able to work across the entire stack.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 9+ years application development and implementation experience is ideal, there some flexiblity with the overall years of expeirence.
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC for a data-centric web application including coding, testing and maintaining a web application
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active Secret clearance is preferred.
- Experience with full-stack development on Microsoft frameworks (C#, WebAPI, Entity Framework, SQL Server)
- Experience writing front-end applications in TypeScript with frameworks such as Angular 4+ or React
- Experience writing applications with a Test-driven Development methodology
- Enjoys working in an Ensemble/Mob environment or Pair Programming
- Experience using Git with feature branches and pull request flow for source code management
- Comfortable with remote development using tools such as LiveShare, Zoom, MS Teams, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum and/or Kanban software development environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Azure DevOps and Visual Studio
- Aptitude for technology research and personal growth
- Candidate should possess an active Secret clearance
Physical Requirements: These are the essential physical requirements needed to successfully perform the job.
- Click or tap here to enter text.
- Sedentary work.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted.
- May require standing or walking up to 2-hours per day.
- Requires sitting up to 8-hours per day.
- May require frequent bending, reaching, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
- Fine repetitive motor skills with your hands, wrists, and fingers in coordination with your eyes.
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person, over video, and over the telephone.
- Speaking: Able to communicate clearly in person, over video, and over the telephone.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Other: Work may be performed in an office environment, which may involve frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times.
Paradyme is a federal contractor and an EEO and an Affirmative Action Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy-related disability, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, personal appearance, occupation, citizenship, veteran or military status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.