As a Java Software Developer, you will be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and automated testing in a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality full stack solutions in an agile, results driven environment across a diverse set of areas including: finance, infrastructure, test center utilization, e-commerce, registration and scheduling. You will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications as necessary. In this role you will be expected to continually grow, mentor software developers, and challenge all of us to raise the bar even higher with your contributions to people, process and technology. This is a highly collaborative team that knows the importance of fun, self-care and flexibility while working on a variety of complex and challenging projects with a passion for excellence, innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences.
The Software Developer will:
QualificationsRequired Education & Experience:
- Implement & Perform. Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices; maintain and support mission-critical applications as necessary.
- Analyze & Design. Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer's requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements.
- Review. Participate in and lead requirement, design and code reviews.
- Test & Deployment. Work closely with other teams and stakeholders (e.g., QE, CM, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write/execute unit tests.
- Quality/process improvement. Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence.
- Reporting. Complete project documentation as required, including logging status, risk, progress, and effort on assigned work.
- People development. Mentor and train new team members.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline
- 6+ years minimum professional Java development required
- 3+ years programmatic interaction with relational database systems
- Current technology stack: Java, JPA, Hibernate, Web Services (REST/SOAP), Angular
- Experience in OOAD, agile processes, design patterns, SQL and UML
Experience with some or all of the following tools (Required):
- Experience working in agile environment highly preferred
- Experience in understanding software architecture
- Experience in creating design documents, performing code reviews and test driven development
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Ability to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts and work well within a team
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Must have a "positive" and energetic demeanor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Java SE AND EE (6 years) #LI-POST
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.Job:
Assessment & QualificationsSchedule: