Pearson/GED Testing Service is looking for a full-time full-stack developer to join our team of creative tech experts. In this role you will develop website tools and features to help learners worldwide earn their high school equivalency diplomas. In addition, you will work closely with our tech team and collaborate on various activities, including, but not limited to, website feature development, tv show recommendations, hot pepper eating contests (completely optional), and sharing pet photos (top priority).
We are proud of our inclusive workplace that celebrates our differences, embraces learning, and supports innovation. We're passionate about helping others and creating equitable experiences and access for our students. We're just as committed to this within our organization and welcome you to join our diverse community of GED team members.
The Full Stack Developer for GED Testing Service works within the Technology team and is responsible for building features and tools for our website in an Agile team setting. Team collaboration, creativity, and innovation are keys to our success.Responsibilities:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCEEducation and Experience:
- Create, edit, and update test plans and test cases ensuring use of appropriate test methodology, complete test coverage and full test documentation for all code to be tested, including integrations with partner systems
- Collaborate with developers and business analysts during the full story lifecycle to ensure that everyone has the same understanding of application functionality
- Build automated tests that validate story-based functional requirements, including tests across all supported platforms (android, iPhone, iPad and desktop)
- Document and escalate code defects per standard processes
- Provide coordination and leadership for projects as needed
- Assist with go/no go deployment decision
- Investigate issues to identify root cause and develop tests to mimic the issue
- Contribute to the QA team by initiating and collaborating on efforts related to testing methods, technology improvements and test architecture improvements
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline
- 4+ of experience in software development
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of the following concepts as well as practical experience applying these concepts in the real world:
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Core Java and J2EE principles, syntax and best practices
- Core Spring
- Web Services (SOAP and/or REST)
- Design patterns
- SQL, RDBMS
- Build tools (gradle, ant, npm, Bower, or similar)
- Non-functional requirements such as Responsive Web Design, Accessibility, Security, I18N, Performance, and/or Scalability
- Preferred experience with:
- Git source control
- Spring Boot
- Bootstrap 4
- Angular 8+ Typescript
- Continuous Integration tools (Team City, Jenkins, etc.)
- Google Analytics
- Cloud Development (Azure, AWS, or similar)
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $100k. This position is not bonus eligible.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at:
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.Job: