GM Controls Engineer Software designer - Remote
We are looking to hire a skilled Controls Engineer with GM E-PLAN experience! You will be working remotely to design and analyzing system requirements, hardware design writing PLC code to GM Standards, testing system efficiency, and providing operational support as needed.
To ensure success as a Controls Engineer, you should have excellent knowledge of machine mechanics, a logical approach, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Software Designer Responsibilities:
This is a remote role
· Meeting with clients and teammates virtually to discuss their mechanical or electrical process requirements.
· Experience working remotely is an asset
· At least 3 years' experience as a Controls Engineer (Software design)
· GM PLC design on multiple projects
· GM E-PLAN experience is an asset
· AutoCAD electrical experience is an asset
. Hardware and software design on FCA, Ford, tier 1 is an asset
MUST have commissioning experience and field experience.
· Following customer specifications and standards closely.
· Documenting development processes.
· Providing clients with technical support.
· Self Starter, Organized, Great Communicator
· Knowledge of software and Hardware design principles.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Overseeing the successful Electrical installation.
· Ability to work independently this is a REMOTE role with the possibility of 20% travel.
- GCCH1, GCCS2, GM E-Plan
- Valid Canadian/MX or USA Passport
· Eligible for a TN Visa
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level
- Industrial Automation
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
- Engineering Information/Technology Design
- Competitive wages
- Health Benefits offered- Medical, Dental and Vision!
- Life Insurance (company paid)