Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at .
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for someone with a solid technical background, both in deployment architectures as well as in software development practices, with the willingness to learn new technologies and understanding existing products while focusing on the customer's business needs.
Your mission will be to bind together the business needs of our customers with the technical abstractions and implementation of the same, in such a way that the software system is able to achieve the business functionality customers are looking for with the right balance of flexibility, availability, extensibility and other nonfunctional requirements.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the definition, design and leadership of the development of end to end custom applications for large Avaya customers in North America;
- Provide solution selling support by analyzing customer needs, proposing a software solution, executing presentations and software demonstrations.
- Performs the gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements of the applications.
- Defines the high level and the low-level software design for envisioned applications, considering mainstream development platforms as well as Avaya APIs that will be used to integrate the applications with the Avaya communication products.
- Supports development team on development tasks, including writing proofs of concept, planning and designing integration and unit testing, troubleshooting issues, planning and executing performance testing and other key activities during the software development lifecycle.
- Work in conjunction with Professional Services Technical delivery teams as part of a global distributed team, acting as a key contributor in a complex/critical environment.
- Keep track of the development project key aspects, like scope, process compliance, technical quality and timelines.
- Act as a source of technical expertise to others in own area.
- Explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences and ensure meaning is understood.
- Create formal networks internally and externally.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be graduated in Software Engineering, computer Science or similar;
- Must have previous experience as a Software Architect;
- Must have Experience in Software Engineering, Software design and domain modeling;
- Must have prior experience is requirements gathering, solution design and presales activities;
- Must have 3+ years of full time work experience as a Software Architect and at least 10 years full time application development in Java (Java SE/EE, Spring, Jenkins, Sonar and other open source tools in the Java ecosystem );
- Must have interest in learning new technologies in the communications field;
- Must have experience with at least one Application Server platform, such as Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic orJBoss;
- Must have experience with web development, RESTful interfaces, messaging systems and relational database modeling and systems;
- Must have a very good understating of application runtime profiling, performance tests and tools;
- Must have good leadership skills, be a good team worker that enjoys working in a multicultural environment;
- Must be fluent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Must have familiarity with at least one cloud platform from AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Should have knowledge on modern microservices platforms and frameworks such as Spring Boot, Kafka, Containers and familiarity with other related concepts, like distributed tracing, security, and so on;
- Nice to have software project management skills;
- Nice to have prior knowledge of Communications Standards Knowledge (SIP, CCXML, VXML);
- Nice to have prior Contact Center Domain knowledge;
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Development environment is composed of mainstream platforms and tools (Java, Spring Boot, Sonar, Jenkins) as well as Avaya development tools (Orchestration Designer, Breeze, Oceana, AES);
- Work is performed with minimal direction and reviewed by local management and may include support to 3rd party products and occasionally on-site support.
- Work is performed most of the time remotely, but occasional travel will be required - estimated at most 10% of the time
7 - 10 Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Advance Degree preferred