A social media superstar who can rock the planning, execution, community management and optimization of social media strategies across existing and emerging channels for our predominantly tech clients, which are a mix of industry-leading B2B and B2C brands.
You get excited about dreaming up creative campaign ideas, and are an expert in understanding how social media can be integrated within a comprehensive marketing plan. You know how to leverage the right technologies, people and processes to get the job done well. You have experience recommending and implementing tactics that can be used to build audiences, drive engagement and meet broader business goals - and are comfortable experimenting to figure out what really moves the needle.
Through a strong understanding of communications strategies - including but not limited to social media marketing, community management, influencer/developer/blogger relations, content marketing, paid social media and employee/customer advocacy - you take an active role in all aspects of client management, from planning to execution.
The social media strategist serves as a day-to-day account lead for multiple clients, with a strong project management mindset. You collaborate closely with client stakeholders, serving as an extension of their team. You are highly detail oriented - you can handle the pace of many different concurrent projects, keeping everything organized, juggling and meeting deadlines, and making sure the "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted in every single post.
You have a proven track record and can demonstrate how your concepts and actions have helped drive brand awareness, audience growth, engagement and ROI for the brands you've worked for/with. You embrace a constant testing/learning approach, and are skilled in delivering - and coaching others to deliver - strategic recommendations that you implement for the client.
Just Drive Media (JDM), named PR Week's 2022 Outstanding Boutique Agency, is a digital PR & marketing firm that consistently delivers exceptional results for our clients, which include some of the world's leading technology/digital brands. Since we work in such a fast-paced industry, we are devoted to staying on top of the latest advances and innovations in PR, social media and technology, and continuously strive to improve upon our thinking, approaches, recommended programs and tactics. This is why our clients tend to stick around long term.
We're also a fully virtual company, which means our team is geographically diverse and enjoys the flexibility of this arrangement. As communications pros, remote collaboration comes naturally to us and works well; it also helps support our core value of a life-work balance.
Along with surrounding you with a great team, we want to ensure we take care of all your benefits as well. JDM offers 100% fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plans, 401k match and Life/Long Term/Short Term & Disability Insurance - also 100% paid for by JDM. We offer maternity AND paternity paid leave plans, flexible working hours, a flexible PTO offering, more than the 'usual' paid company holidays, plus a bunch of added extras like a workspace stipend and monthly 'Fringe Benefits' allowance.
- Community Management: Serves as the voice of our clients, managing outbound posting on social channels and proactively engaging with targeted audiences to drive engagement and growth. Experienced in tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout and/or Sprinklr.
- Paid Social: Create, target, monitor and optimize paid campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Manage budgets, bids and keywords; test, optimize and report on performance.
- Communication: Communication is critical, including written communication with clients and team in addition to the ability to create compelling, detail-oriented social content that encourages a high level of interaction and engagement.
- Client Relations: Provides the highest level of strategic counsel/input to clients and executives, leading client calls and presentations. Demonstrates excellent judgment in any difficult client or staff situations, including up-leveling concerns when needed. Responsible for overall account health; works with clients to develop appropriate scopes of work, and to oversee seamless delivery to budget, deadlines and expectations.
- Client Knowledge: Brings an industry view to development of client goals; uses data-driven insights to anticipate outcomes, flag issues and make recommendations; recommends the right outside resources when needed (designers, tools, etc.)
- Strategy: Brings depth of digital content expertise and experience to the role of strategic problem solver; develops, manages and executes social strategy and tactical plans; checks in regularly to ensure client goals are being met; demonstrates understanding of client business goals; makes proactive recommendations around objectives and strategies; experiments with new tactics and approaches; consults with clients and internal team as needed to provide the right recommendations.
- Project Management: Proactively drives the strategy, keeping the client and other team members on task with deadlines and deliverables. Not afraid to push to get resources needed to move forward.
- Accuracy: Strong writing and analytical skills, with an eagle eye that spots any typos, design issues or analytics errors before anything is posted publicly or delivered to the client.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with fun, creative ways of approaching campaigns and solving any problems/challenges that may arise. You'll work with clients and the JDM team on the creation of social media assets (i.e. photos, videos, blog posts, landing pages).
- Analytics: Works with our analyst team to report on owned, earned and paid metrics, mining the data for insights and recommendations that can be used to optimize efforts. Familiarity with Google Analytics and how social metrics funnel into broader business metrics.
- Agency Role(s): Serves as a subject matter expert to educate and advise our teams and clients on best practices, emerging technologies and more; proactively mentors and provides constructive feedback to teams/peers; contributes to training and development programs; represents agency and/or clients at key industry events; oversee vendor relationships.
- Collaboration: Works cross-functionally with other internal company teams to maximize opportunities for collaboration and strengthen client strategies and relationships.
- Industry Knowledge: Stays on top of the latest trends, technologies and best practices across all social and other marketing channels to help us think through our approaches, recommendations to clients, new channels and techniques to test, etc.
- Personal/Professional Growth: Is always on the lookout for opportunities to expand his/her own professional skill set.
- Pursuit of Excellence: Dedicated to achieving results that seem beyond your reach and encourage the same in others. Speaks up when help is needed and is realistic about his/her ability to commit to projects, deadlines and time commitments.
- PR Mindset: Always has the client's reputation in mind, with a 360 view of how our efforts impact the brand.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of social media experience - tech and/or B2B preferred.
- Experience with community management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout and/or Sprinklr.
- Account management & project management experience.
- Data analysis experience & data interpretation skills.
- Precise attention to detail, but also the ability to think critically and see the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills.
- A genuine passion for all things tech, social, digital innovation and data-driven insight.
- An eagerness to learn new things, and a willingness to do things that may not always fit perfectly into the job description.
- Superior organizational and time management skills - ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, without sacrificing quality.
- Experience managing paid social media strategies.