Social Media Producer
Remote – USA
Hiring Range: $59,730.00 – $74,660.00
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
As a Social Media Producer in the USA Marketing Creative and Content team, you will be part of a growing team of creatives and communication specialists, while working cross-functionally with social media managers and specialists in Compassion to create impactful social media content for the @compassion handle on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and Twitter.
You are a highly agile digital native, social content junkie (for a cause) and a brand-building social campaign rockstar who lives and breathes social and knows how to inspire people.
In this highly collaborative but also independent role, you will work with creative and digital leadership to strategically ideate, develop and pitch innovative social media campaign ideas to drive Compassion’s brand story, and then to create, manage and deliver all social media assets.
This is an early- to mid-career opportunity for a driven and hands-on creative individual with 3-5 years of experience producing social media for brands and/or social advocacy campaigns. This role will need to possess a versatile range of social media skills such as writing both snappy and descriptive social copy and #hashtags, editing social videos and designing social graphic assets.
If you believe in using social media for good, then as the social saying goes #JoinUs!
Note: The ideal candidate should possess a portfolio of social media campaigns for brands and/or advocacy movements in demonstrating social campaign concept-to-creation competencies and the ability to ensure adherence to brand and style guidelines in social communications.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Ability to ideate and propose bold and cutting-edge social media campaign ideas to creative leadership and cross-functional teams that drive brand awareness and/or fundraising appeals as part of an integrated marketing communications strategy within USA Marketing and Global.
- Confident in utilizing a wide range of social media visual creation tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and/or design platforms like Canva in order to be able to independently produce, edit, and deliver social-first video and visual experiences like Reels, Instagram Stories and Tik Toks.
- Strong visual aesthetics and taste in supporting Creative Studio peers and campaign teams to assemble a cohesive social visual identity for storytelling series and micro-blogging on social.
- Demonstrated fluency in creating unique social campaign brand assets; possessing a strong intuition and ability to cultivate User-Generated Content (UGC) on social through mobilizing supporters. (You should be able to recite a list of your favorite UGC social media campaigns.)
- Experience in creating global social content for a local audience using a robust archival library and developing new audience-building social initiatives (e.g., NextGen, multiethnic audience).
- Under the leadership of Senior Manager of Strategic and Digital Communications, master the Compassion brand voice to produce compelling and legally-sound copy across social platforms.
- Under the leadership of Senior Manager of Digital Experience (Social Media) to actively use data, testing and metrics to inform social decisions, and to create accountability for results.
- With support of cross-functional teams, grow to deeply understand our social communities and prospective audiences and design a variety of social opportunities in view of segmentation.
- Ability to lead and manage social interns as well as external creative agencies’ social teams as needed for social campaign projects that are not in-house in part or in full work scope.
- Desire to grow in leadership and expertise in the space of social media for good as a results-oriented team member and a creative problem-solver to troubleshoot process issues.
- To remain vigilant, curious and resourceful in staying up to date on all platform innovations, user experience changes and trends in the social ecosystem, digital rules and guidelines
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in digital communications or content creation, ideally with a focus on social media, photojournalism, social video production or other short-form digital content for a brand or advocacy campaign.
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.