Who We Are
For more than 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive environments. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions:
* Ensure synergy between humans, the technologies they use, and the organizations within which they operate
* Enhance productivity through human-AI teaming, unobtrusive measurement, data analytics, and intelligent interfaces
* Accelerate learning, training, and readiness with precision learning that is customized, personalized, and efficient
What Makes Us Unique
Our culture is rooted on three principles that our founders planted, and our employees have embraced ever since- innovation, impact, and empathy. At our core, Aptima researches, develops, and innovates within an area that engineering firms largely ignore, the Human component. In order to impact the world in meaningful ways, you must bring those innovations to light, and that is precisely what we do.
Entrepreneurial and creative energy run through our veins. When our team chooses to continue their education or professionally publish their work, we cheer then on. Teamwork, collaboration, and a relentless focus on our customers are central tenants of our culture. Work hard. Take care of each other. Lead by example. Accept others for who they are.
So, while the world knows us as a company that is moving humans, technology, and AI forward, we believe we are something more.
How You'll Make an Impact
Aptima, Inc. is the market leader in optimizing human performance within complex, mission-critical systems. In the age of technology, the human is the last frontier for innovation. Aptima's mission is to engineer tools and systems that increase human capabilities. Aptima's scientists study how humans think and learn in today's technology-rich, networked environments, and apply that knowledge to solve problems and provide solutions in defense, homeland security, healthcare, aviation and cyber security. Aptima's solutions span the human continuum from the micro to the macro from the neural/individual level up to teams, large groups, and complete societies.
As our Digital Media Intern, you will be supporting Aptima's Director of Corporate Communications by researching competitive brands or markets; developing and executing digital media campaigns that drive business and creating an online voice or image for Aptima that reflects our brand and reaches the company's targeted demographic.
* Assisting with the design and execution of Aptima's digital presence
* Create and update editorial calendars to promote company brands on the company and various social media websites
* Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, podcasts, and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
* Identify opportunities to improve the use of social media and develop 'followers' and generate leads
* Track engagement through analytics
* U.S. Citizenship required or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
* Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Digital Communications, or a related field
* Professional oral and written communication skills
* Advance experience with the major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Buzzsprout, Hootsuite
* Intermediate experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva
* Experience with Content Management Systems such as Hootsuite, Zoho, or SEMrush
* Familiarity with analytics software including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and LinkedIn Analytics
Working Conditions (ADA accommodations may be sought)
* This job will be 20 hours per week during normal business hours Monday through Friday.