Title: Social Media Content Coordinator
Location: Canada, US National
Full-time at Ting
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
Are you a skilled storyteller with a knack for community engagement? Join the Ting Internet team as a Social Media Content Coordinator and play a pivotal role in shaping our brand narrative while fostering meaningful connections with our online audience.
You’ll be responsible for managing our national social media channels and supporting the efforts of our local marketing teams on their respective social pages. You must be organized, a self-starter, and highly creative, bringing new ideas and opportunities to the table to effectively promote the Ting Internet brand while also serving larger company goals.
From engaging with our online communities to monitoring industry trends and customer conversations, you will be the expert when it comes to how Ting Internet is positioned through our social channels. Collaboration is key in this role, as the individual will be working cross-functionally to deploy integrated campaigns and programs across social media, and reporting on these results with insights and recommendations moving forward.
The ideal candidate will also have a passion for the internet and understand how fiber internet is essential in shaping the future of the online world.
This is a remote position based in Canada or the US.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve and grow our social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok (and more).
- Discover, create, schedule and boost content that honors and furthers Ting Internet’s social and brand strategy, at both a national and local level.
- Partner with design, content, product, support, and local marketing teams to support national campaigns and program launches.
- Maintain a content calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team and support their efforts through Ting’s social channels, sharing wins and insights from published content.
- Assist local marketing teams with the ideation and creation of localized social media content, and be a key point of contact for local teams who require additional support.
- Leverage analytics tools to track and report on social media performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations to help shape future content.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) across social media channels.
- Assist in onboarding and maintaining tools and resources for both national and local marketing teams.
What you’ll bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language
- Experience in creating original content that targets a specific audience while staying on brand and meeting company goals
- Experience working with graphic design creation tools such as Canva or Photoshop (we use Canva)
- Basic technical knowledge of content management systems like Webflow and WordPress
- Experience with social scheduling tools such as HootSuite, SproutSocial or HeyOrca (we use HeyOrca)
- An intuitive understanding of popular social media channels, with a keen interest in staying on top of the latest trends and new social platforms
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Adaptability to changing priorities, processes, and platform changes
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools is a plus
- Familiarity with Meta Business Suite and managing paid social ad campaigns is a plus
- At least three to four years of in-house or agency experience in a similar role
- Experience managing social media channels, delivering social media campaigns across multiple platforms and a deep understanding of community management
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- When submitting your application, please ensure that you’re including a cover letter as well