Site Reliability Engineer/Senior DevOps Engineer, Azure. £ 75000 - 95000 + benefits. Home Based. Client based in Hampshire.
A market leading software product company is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team. In this new role you will be responsible for ensuring service availability, automating manual processes' and continual improvement. The scope covers availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, utilisation, incident response and disaster planning for key services.
It is a fantastic opportunity to play a lead role in an expanding company.
Duties and responsibilities include -
* Work with product owners and development teams regarding availability, performance, security and maintainability.
* Work with support ensuring all monitoring and alerting are integrated and understood.
* Work with DevOps to ensure the pipelines given to the SRE are what is required.
* Work with DevOps to design, write and develop software to improve availability, scalability and latency of the service.
* Track system performance, service level, DR processes and tuning improvements.
Skills Required -
* Strong experience in Cloud software engineering and Cloud Site Reliability Engineering.
* Good knowledge of Azure and PowerBI.
* Production experience of IaaS and PaaS.
* Technical experience in Powershell, Terraform and Python.
* Knowledge of monitoring tools.
* Knowledge of configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* Knowledge of release software through pipelines (Git, Custom Scripts, Docker).
* Container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
In addition to your technical skills you will be an excellent problem solver and will understand technical and commercial requirements.
This is a new role and the successful candidate will have the chance to make a real difference. Salary is most likely to be in the range £ 75000 - 95000 + benefits and the position will home based (clients office is in Basingstoke, Hampshire). If you have the skills and experience required please send your CV for a full brief. Interviews will be held soon.