Full remote or hybrid working available
Are you an experienced DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer? Do you want to join a fast-growing and award-winning financial technology company?
This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading FinTech who are building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture based on the latest Cloud and Azure technologies.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will get the opportunity to be part of a passionate and experienced team that is responsible for building, shaping, and evolving the shared services that underpin the platform and its applications.
As part of our wealth management service for investment advisers and their clients we combine the latest in wrap platform technology, online functionality, and management information.
A Site Reliability Engineer's responsibility will include:
- Continuously drive to reduce complexity in our systems, a focus on simplicity with everything we do
- Plan for failure and design for resilience
- Leveraging automation to remove anything that is cost-effective to do so
- Assist with solution design focusing on key quality attributes such as availability, latency, and performance
- Build and maintain our monitoring systems, implementing Service Level Indicators and Service Level Objectives to measure service health
- Advocate data for decision making, make decisions based on clear facts and figures, strive to make visible the required data to aid decisions
- Document knowledge, as a team we have a duty to ensure this information is available to all in a clear and concise manner
- Guide and develop others, where knowledge and skills need to be shared make it a personal objective to do so
- Design and implement incident management responses, continuously decreasing our Mean Time To Resolution
- Be responsible for keeping within service level objective targets and adjusting the rate of agility or stability accordingly as a team to maintain balance
- Identify and clearly articulate areas for improvement across systems
- Adhere to security guidance for systems and work with security team members to ensure system changes do not relax our security posture
- Assist with escalations from other teams within IT for monitoring/troubleshooting/incident management expertise
You are a driven and passionate person with a working background in IT Infrastrucutre, DevOps, Site Reliability or Azure Engineering.
You'll be a creative thinker who can challenge 'the way things have always been done' by providing innovative solutions and ideas. You enjoy being part of a team that employs technology to solve business problems.
The world of technology moves fast so although experience with our current technology stack is desired, we believe that the right kind of person is more valuable than deep knowledge of specific technologies.
Experience in the following technologies would be useful:
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Azure Cloud
Sample of our technology management tools:
- Azure DevOps
Rewards and Benefits
- Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- 4 x salary life assurance.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Foundation Day in support of charitable activities.
- We encourage internal progression, with many of our employees going on to become Team Leaders, Managers, Subject Matter Experts and many more.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.