About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
As a Senior SharePoint Administrator and PowerApps Developer at KinderCare Education, you will lead the way on developing and maintaining solutions that support our Office Online/M365 environment.
You will leverage deep Microsoft SharePoint/PowerApps experience to help keep existing solutions afloat, while working directly with clients across multiple business and technology teams to deliver SharePoint/PowerApps moderately sized point-solutions. Representative solutions include SharePoint location/center directory or PowerBI Administration/Scheduling or IT Incident Dashboard forms.
We will provide an opportunity to cross-train back-up resources in this space for support of delivered solutions. This is a great opportunity, however, for an experienced individual contributor to join us and immediately serve as the go-to resource for all things SharePoint and PowerApps administration and development.
You have an affinity for collaboration and desire to work closely with internal customers and team members and building relationships. You excel in fast-paced environments, are a problem-solver, consistently meet deadlines and are self-motivated. In addition, you should take great pride in your work and understand the importance of automation, change control, and compliance.
Job responsibilities, competencies, and experience include\:
• SharePoint Expert
o Excellent understanding of Microsoft product direction - engaged in the product community and always up to date
o Deep experience with multiple SharePoint deployments (standards, governance, structure)
o Provide consultative support to business & IT stakeholders ensure that our SharePoint deployments do not drift from good design principles or out of alignment with Microsoft's product direction
o Some consideration as to feature adoption/advocacy (i.e. surfacing opportunities, spotlighting training opportunities, etc.)
• SharePoint Administration
o KCE SME for SharePoint Administration (security/IdM, content management, integration with MS echosystem, etc.)
o Primary KCE IT POC for all SharePoint support/enhancement requests
o Cross-training of integration team members to enable that team to provide some basic backup support on SharePoint
• PowerApps Development
o KCE SME for PowerApps Development
o Primary KCE IT POC for all PowerApps support/enhancement requests
o Provide consultative support to business & IT stakeholders on PowerApps capabilities and leading practice
o Liaising with project intake/application development teams/solution architects to ensure that PowerApps is a good fit for any requests before fulfillment
o Potential to support PowerBI team with refresh automation/orchestration and Power BI Administration
o Cross-training of integration team members to enable that team to provide some basic backup support on PowerApps currently deployed
• 5+ years' experience with SharePoint; 2+ years' experience with SharePoint online/Office 365 taxonomy, metadata, content management, collaboration, custom web parts, reports, search, InfoPath, Master Pages, content types
• PowerApps development/administration experience - Power BI automation/administration especially preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities\:
• Knowledge and understanding of software development process, languages and tools to integrate communication, collaboration, and content management technologies
• Demonstrated communication and project leadership skills
• Strong team player with demonstrated strong communication skills that enable you to effectively communication across all levels of management
• Organizational agility; managing multiple key stakeholders
• Fosters teamwork and works well in a collaborative team environment
• Strong work ethic, complemented by positive, can-do attitude-must be self-motivated and prepared to work in "start-up" environment
• Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.