Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best resources and tools in the world to help serve our members. You'll play a leadership role in a high volume, focused and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. This is no small opportunity.
If you are located in the Central Time Zone area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
* Provide expertise and customer service support to members, customers and/or providers
* Serve as the liaison to a complex customer base to manage first level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers
* Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
* Investigate claim and/or customer service issues as identified and communicate resolution to customers
* Provide feedback to team members regarding improvement opportunities
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Within a high volume environment, you'll need to model and act as an Ambassador for the company while solving complex health care inquires The Service Account Manager acts as a customer advocate to resolve escalated and complex issues.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High school diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
* 4+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
* Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
* Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and / or print scaling)
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
* Ability to multi-task including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at:
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: account manager, account management, relationship building, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo