Who We Are
Our mission is to help people find the best work from home and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
The marketing team is growing and we’re looking for a passionate SEO specialist to help us identify and act upon opportunities for SEO growth.
- Collaborate with others within the marketing department to develop optimization strategies that increase the company’s search engine rankings and grow the SEO channel
- Research and prioritize keywords to use throughout the company’s website
- Update blog posts published by the content team to help pages rank for additional keywords
- Update internal blog links for maximum keyword optimization
- Conduct outreach to 3rd party publishers to build backlinks for important pages
- Identify content gaps vs. competitors to spot opportunities for growth
- Monitor and report metrics to help the team understand SEO channel performance
- 2-3 years experience successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns including keyword research, on-page optimization, and link building
- Proficient with keyword research and data mining tools
- Experience conducting competitive analysis to find keyword gaps and opportunities
- Experience working with hundreds or thousands of keywords within blog content
- Experience optimizing internal links within content
- Experience conducting site audits
- Experience researching sites and performing outreach to secure links from 3rd parties
- Experience reporting SEO optimization efforts and metrics to colleagues and management
- Experience using SEO tools including Google Search Console and Ahrefs/SEMrush or similar SEO programs, such as Deepcrawl, BrightEdge, SurferSEO, ScreamingFrog, Ubersuggest, etc.
- Experience with WordPress or a similar content management system
Traits and Skills for This Role
- Do you geek out over SEO? Do you subscribe to multiple SEO blogs or newsletters and follow the major players? To succeed in this role you should have a deep passion for everything SEO, love trying new tools and tests, and have a deep understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data and using spreadsheets
- Ability to clearly track tests and optimizations, and report results
- Interest in the latest SEO trends and growth hacking
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What hourly rate (based on a full-time, hourly schedule) you would be comfortable with
- A completed Pairin assessment (takes 5-10 minutes)
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to [email protected]
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.