GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a SEO Specialist. This role is freelance and part-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
The SEO Specialist will join the Search team and work directly with the Digital Strategist, SEO Lead and Senior SEO Technician. They will be responsible for optimizing websites and improving search engine rankings through keyword research, on-page and off-page optimization, link building, and other SEO techniques. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of search engine algorithms, as well as experience in keyword research, analysis, and tracking.
- Work on optimizing on-page elements of websites, including title tags, meta descriptions, alt text, internal links, among others.
- Conduct keyword research and analysis to identify high-traffic, low-competition keywords for targeting.
- Optimize website content and structure for search engines.
- Develop and execute link building campaigns to increase website authority and search engine rankings.
- Work closely with the content team to ensure that all website content is optimized for search engines.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure website functionality and user experience are optimized for search engines.
- Identify and work with other teams to troubleshoot technical issues that can harm search engine rankings.
- Monitor website traffic, rankings, and analytics to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for growth.
Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and digital marketing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience in SEO and digital marketing.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking factors.
- Experience with keyword research and analysis tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, or Google Keyword Planner.
- Experience with on-page optimization techniques such as meta tags, header tags, and content optimization.
- Knowledge of link building strategies and tactics.
- Strong analytical skills and intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Tools, including: Google Analytics, GA4, Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager. Google Analytics Certifications are a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a similar field is a plus.
- Client management experience is a plus.
Thorough knowledge of:
- On-page SEO
- HTML & CSS
- Redirect Strategies, website architecture, and other technical SEO knowledge
- Site speed, including Google Page Speed and Core Vitals
- SEO Tools SEMRush, MOZ, AHrefs, Screaming Frog
- Structured data, including rich snippets, schema and validation tools
Working knowledge of:
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- Ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce and Big Commerce
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say Hell Yeah! when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented A players
- Remote Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference makersall passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind and fanatically embracing open source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
This position is on a freelance/contract basis and remote. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-5pm (but not past midnight in your time zone, we want to encourage a healthy work-life balance), let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters please.