We're a marketing company with a purpose: we provide Search Engine Optimization and Thought Leadership services for B2B and B2C clients interested in improving their online presence and using SEO as a lead driver.
We are looking to expand our team by bringing on a new SEO Campaign Strategist for our growing team. Our Strategists hold an average of 5-7 accounts, and are ultimately responsible for the big picture campaign strategy that will ensure clients can meet their SEO, ROI and company goals. They work within a team of Campaign Managers, Writers and Editors to provide an excellent experience for clients.
SEO Strategists are client-facing, but their primary focus is developing exhaustive keyword strategies for our Writers and Editors to execute, backed up by extensive data analysis. They use several keyword tools and evaluate the competitive landscape of the client's industry to determine the best keywords to focus our campaign deliverables on. Then, they report on strategy success by compiling and reviewing quarterly reports for clients.
Qualities we look for:
- Experience developing SEO and holistic content strategies.
- Experience in data reporting, preferably using the Google Suite, AHREFS, and/or SemRush.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to helm the ship, and lead teams and clients toward common goals.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as a member of various teams and committees.
- Agile mindset: versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to enthusiatically work within constantly shifting priorities.
- Proficiency working remotely.
- Strategy Responsibilities
- Cultivate a deep understanding of clients' industry, audience(s), competitive advantages and campaign goals.
- Ability to articulate a thorough, research-based understanding of how a client's campaign strategy will help them to achieve their most important goals.
- Develop and maintain an Editorial Calendar, including all weekly topics and keywords.
- Develop and maintain a Strategy Roadmap for each account.
- Drive upsells and renewals by pinpointing and presenting strategy opportunities to teammates and clients.
- Reporting Responsibilities
- Establish high-level ownership of a reporting dashboard. Work with the Reporting Department to individualize an ROI dashboard suited to individual client and account needs.
- Generate quarterly client reports, present to client, and use this information to continually improve and realign campaign strategy throughout the duration of a campaign.
- Team + Department Responsibilities
- Engage with each of your client teams on monthly and as needed calls to present any changes or shifts in content strategy, discuss upcoming topics for team approval, and clarify any overarching strategy concerns or questions.
- Utilize internal platforms such as:
- Google Drives and Shared Drives
- Google Docs and Sheets
- Google Analytics
- Client Responsibilities
- Join client meetings monthly, or bimonthly as needed,to ensure the client understands the big picture campaign strategy and how it aligns with their company goals.
- Present quarterly reports to clients and unpack keyword rankings, traffic, and lead movement.
- Ability to visit clients in person (up to 4 trips per year).
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time telecommuting position with a starting salary range of $55,000 to $60,000 annually.
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 2 weeks of sick time
- Standard federal holidays
- PTO increases by 2.5 days per year of employment
- 401(k) with $500 employer match after 6 months of employment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance after 1 month of employment
- Tech/office upgrade stipend after 2 years of employment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Required fluency to read and speak English
- Required to attend & participate in virtual meetings weekly
- Required to type and read
- Required to utilize Google Docs, Taskworld, and the internet for 8 hours per day
- Dedicated workspace is preferred though not required
- Required to structure environment conducive to productivity
- Required to have consistent access to a computer and microphone during working hours. Webcam preferred but not required
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why your personality, professional strengths, and prior experience make you a good potential match for our firm. Please direct your message to our Recruiting Specialist.
We respond to qualified applicants with a brief email pre-screen and request for references. Strong candidates will be invited to interview.
Internal Thought Leadership Requires Diversity and Inclusion at Every Level We are committed to excellence and this means creating a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or national origin. We value this variety of viewpoints and look forward to you adding your unique voice.