style='text-align:center;margin-top:16px;'>Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader - We are Silgan.
We are proud to be an essential part of the world's food supply chain ; we are looking for team members who will take that job as seriously as we do!
Join Silgan's "blue chip" web development team and get the best of all worlds - stable, long-term software projects, a modern tech stack including.NET Core, Blazor, Angular, Docker, CI/CD, and a team that embodies software engineering principles.
Our ideal candidate:
- Always learning, exploring, and truly enjoys sharing (and debating) new ideas with the team
- Tackles the most challenging business challenges with innovative, balanced, and measurable solutions while being dedicated to building sustainable, more practical, and valuable software in-house versus buying one-size-fits-all commercial software
- Participates in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and long-term sustainability of applications
What you'll be doing:
- Designs, builds, and maintains web-based enterprise applications with .NET Core, SQL Server, and a frontend framework like Angular or Blazor
- Works collaboratively within small groups to discuss and plan architecture choices
- Connect the dots between business needs, innovation, and good design
- Develops and improves on new and existing software applications, CI/CD modules, prototypes, and team software principles
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or extensive experience in software development in lieu of education
- 8+ years of software development experience with a proven ability to ship meaningful, quality software
- 5+ years of full-stack web development experience using C# and Angular or similar client-side frameworks; must have a working knowledge of a recent version of .NET Core
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing databases in SQL Server or other comparable database platforms; experience creating tables, stored procedures, and understanding key optimization concepts
What we offer:
- Stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
- Remote and work flexible schedules
- A culture where you feel like a member of our family - achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with a 6% employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who we are:
- A leading supplier of metal food containers in North America and Europe and worldwide supplier of plastic bottles and closures across various end markets
- The largest subsidiary of Silgan Holdings and a leading manufacturer of metal food containers in the US
- A company that strives toward sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint, selecting like-minded suppliers, and providing recyclable products
Silgan is unable to provide any level of sponsorship for this position.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.