Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Senior Web Developer role on the Marketing Digital team will be the primary backend developer for the team responsible for veeva.com and other Marketing-supported websites. This developer will be an expert PHP and WordPress developer. This developer will be a part of a team that includes front-end developers and will build functional features and integrations and will have responsibility for site architecture and performance.
What You'll Do
- Develop custom site features to meet the needs of our stakeholders
- Build integrations with internal and external systems via APIs
- Build complex custom WordPress plugins from scratch
- Determine technical direction and guide on decisions to write custom code or leverage community-contributed code
- Apply the highest level of security to the code you deliver
- Debug across a wide range of browsers and devices
- Foster a culture of documentation and knowledge sharing, where people are encouraged to share in a respectful manner
- Develop WordPress widgets, plugins, custom post types, and page templates
- Craft high-quality code with an emphasis on readability, efficiency, and maintainability
- Monitor the performance of the live website
- 5+ years of experience developing WordPress websites
- Expert PHP skills
- Experience developing large-scale WordPress websites
- Experience developing site architectures using best practices for scalability and maintainability
- Experience building localized websites
- Strong communication skills to communicate technical concepts with non-developers
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate independently in a fully remote role
- Experience designing and maintaining systems for site updates that have thorough testing and quality assurance
- You appreciate order and efficiency but have an action-oriented approach
- A proactive approach to learning, growth, and sharing
- Deep experience with Git
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and data formats (JSON, XML)
Nice to Have
- Front-end development experience
- SEO knowledge
- UX/UI knowledge
- Comfortable working with MySQL, importing and exporting data, and optimizing database queries
- Experience with various caching systems and content-delivery networks is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $100,000 - $200,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.