What this job can offer you
- Focus on improving the overall user experience by designing intuitive interfaces.
- Gather feedback from users and stakeholders and use it to make improvements to the website.
- Identify what is needed for each design phase.
- Being the main contact point for all design-related topics on the Remote website.
- Designing having in mind and how a CMS tool works.
- Producing pages and assets for our website being present and responsible in all projects. From the beginning, through the design phase, and also during the implementation to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Creating more complex pages with tools for users to use. Interactive flows and engagement pieces of content.
- Help to organize and understand the needs, challenges, and requests from other teams.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language.
What you bring
- 5+ years of related experience in web design. Having experience working exclusively in-house for one brand is not required, but it is considered a plus.
- An understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration by always experimenting, evaluating and learning.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography and interactions.
- Support and help to maintain our Design System, together with other Brand designers.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: Manager, Brand Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $38,700 - $85,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Design Exercise
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check