Position: Sr Vice President of Business Development - Reporting to the President of a premier legal flatbed, oversize, and heavy haul carrier for some of the largest energy corporations in 48 states, Canada and Mexico. They are an exceptional company with 70 years' experience and specialize in the heavy haul transportation industry. Their goal is to make moving freight seamless from origin to destination, on time and claim free.
The Sr Vice President of Business Development will be responsible to aggressively prospect for new business and secure additional business from existing customers. Additionally, the Vice President of Business Development will focus on providing the highest levels of customer service while enhancing operational profitability. This will include directing and managing sales associates, service, and marketing. You will also be responsible for the growth, and achievement of revenue goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and secure new customers
- Build rapport and nurture long term partnerships with new and existing customers
- Work with the senior leadership team to identify new avenues for profitable growth.
- Collaborate with the operations team to review and respond to complex, large business request for proposals.
- Develop a deep understanding of company's services and effectively translate into value for prospects and customers.
- Prepare professional job quotes and freight shipping rates.
- Responsible for the revenue margin, growth, transportation margin and goal achievement for the designated region
- Developing relationships with operational personnel to support the business
- Developing consistent and efficient reporting requirements and goals for team members
- Implementing consistent sales, marketing campaigns, and customer service presentations to the marketplace
- Responsible for weekly meetings with sales reps and all communication regarding company events, policies, updates, plans, goals, regulatory news, outlet updates, cross referencing other regions, corporate account, strategic accounts, status of goals, status of company, human resources policies/updates, etc.
- Create an atmosphere and attitude for sales and service to provide creative ideas to grow their territories
- Accountable to monitor the cost/benefit relationship for all promotional and creative marketing items
- Perform any directly related appropriate duties assigned by direct report supervisor; perform assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from the Manager
- Flatbed and/or Heavy-Haul Transportation industry (7yrs)
- Working knowledge of flatbed and/or heavy-haul transportation operations.
- Customer contacts, sales process and analysis and resolution of problems or complaints.
- Track record of consistently achieving or beating sales quota
- Relationship building skills.
- Computer literate: Microsoft suite (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Location: Remote (Virtual)
Key Words: Trucking, Transportation. Flatbed, Heavy Haul, Over dimensional, Business Development, Sales