At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
What you will do:
At Edward Jones,?the Wealth Management Planning and Discovery development team is responsible for integrating with and extending a vendor-based financial planning tool. The system will be used by 19,000+ Financial Advisors to help clients in their financial planning needs. The system will also?be?integrated with various cloud and in-house applications to achieve the best users experience for the end users.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks: ?
Duties include providing high-quality user interfaces by coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining programs. Developing and modifying moderately complex information systems involving most phases of systems analysis and programming.
Analyze, code, test and document programs and enhancements.
Conduct code walkthroughs to assure quality of programs developed by other associates.
Optimize application performance for maximum speed and scalability
Mentor entry and mid-level developers
Work closely with support team, delivery?manager?and product owners?to address incidents and?problem?queues, ensuring proper prioritization.?
What you'll need...
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
8+ years experience developing responsive and browser agnostic web applications in an enterprise environment
2+ years of experience with React
Ability to use CSS extensively to create custom and rich user interfaces
Experience working with financial planning concepts and APIs (from vendors such as eMoney/MoneyGuide Pro) is a plus.
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341