For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.
The Senior Underwriter will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of losses of clients. This individual will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of loss of clients. They will utilize established underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies. This Senior Underwriter will represent and negotiate rates and plan options with insurers to optimize cost-competitive health benefit plans. They will build and maintain models to assist in the economic analysis of market alternatives.
For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, a variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.
This opening in the Underwriting team would support both Small Business and Key Accounts.
This role is office based in Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Analyzing medical benefit plan characteristics for new business and renewal customers
* Analyzing group risk and projecting future claims utilizing established underwriting criteria and policies to apply proper rating methodologies
* Pricing standard and custom benefit plans
* Negotiating rates and plan options to optimize cost-competitive medical benefit plans
* Fully Insured underwriting with some exposure to Self-Funded underwriting
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 1+ years of experience underwriting either Fully Insured or Self-Funded medical benefits
* Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
* Solid financial analysis, problem solving and critical decision-making skills
* Ability to work and manage a pipeline of business independently
* Bachelor's Degree in Math, Finance, Business, or related degree
* Experience working with sales partners
* Effective personal communication skills in the areas of listening, speaking, and writing
* Effective organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Underwriter, Underwriting, Finance, Risk Management, Financial Modeling Healthcare, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote