Working directly with field and Clients, this position is responsible for underwriting insurance applications within strict guidelines up to $3,000,000.00 of life insurance face amount and $8,000 monthly benefit on disability. Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews applications from Advisors to determine insurability to categorize the risk the individual client represents to determine the appropriate premium and rating class. Reviewing and assessing medical and non medical requirements as they are received. Reviews this information and partners with medical director, leadership and peers as needed to determine insurability. Actively manages case load of 250 plus applications.
- Receives and reviews applications from financial advisors in order to facilitate gathering financial and medical information on clients. Direct contact with field force to gather financial and medical information on clients, communicate underwriting risk assessment decisions and to assist the field throughout the underwriting process.
- Travels to field offices or presents via Web-ex, conference calls, or other available technology for the purposes of coaching, training and relationship building with advisors.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years Underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- May have or be working towards designations such as FALU, CLU, FLMI, ChFC, etc.