Structural Component Systems, Inc. of Fremont, NE is actively seeking a senior-level commercial/multi-family truss designer responsible for converting sales orders into mechanical drawings (including engineering, approval drawings, layouts and shop cutting). This exempt-level position works can be remote anywhere in the USA, or work from our Omaha, Nebraska Office or Urbandale, Iowa Office , with typical hours Monday - Friday, 45-50 hours/week. Very competitive wages offered based on experience. Mitek experience preferred.
We also offer our employees great benefits and perks including health, dental, & life insurance, a 401(k) option, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a casual dress code. If you're passionate about your work and looking to build your career, keep reading!
ABOUT STRUCTURAL COMPONENT SYSTEMS, INC. (SCS)
Structural Component Systems, Inc. (SCS) been a part of the building industry in the Midwest since 1987. SCS designs and manufactures roof and floor trusses, wall panels, and engineered wood products to provide quality shelter for our nation's homes, businesses, and gathering places.
We value and invest in all 500+ employees. For your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and amazing, diverse company culture comprised of a rewarding and fun work environment where everyone is considered family.
- Provides the designs and estimates on all assigned jobs (layouts, cutting lists, material lists, files, etc.) according to the plan and bid specifications, quote, and shipping restrictions.
- Design optimized projects utilizing MiTek and other design related software.
- Demonstrates effective communication, cooperation, collaboration, and technical ability when preparing drawings for the manufacturing and assembling of various products.
- Takes initiative to solve problems for internal and paying customers through efficient troubleshooting, effective plan reading, by communicating any issues and/or concerns to the appropriate people, and by documenting the solution/s.
- Ensures economical and proper use of materials according to current inventory levels and material costs.
- Completes all assigned jobs to meet current drafting schedule.
- Ensures efficient production according to plant capabilities through proper design and adequate notation.
- Maintains detailed records and reports of related information on a job-to-job basis.
- Consistently demonstrates an effort to maintain an efficient and organized working environment.
- Provides efficient, accurate and economical resolutions to customer complaints.
- Minimizes operating expenses through proficient drafting procedures.
- Performs wall panel estimates, or bids as needed.
- Promotes a unified approach to meeting challenges through effective cooperation and collaboration with all SCS team members, including training and development of other designers as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in truss design or 5 in multi-family design preferred.
- Two-year technical degree or applicable experience.
- Building material estimating experience preferred.
- Basic CAD and architectural drafting knowledge and engineering fundamentals, and be able to read and understand blue prints.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Strong visualization skills, ability to picture complex conditions in wood structures from minimal information on plans and specifications.
- Strong math skills, ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads and load transfer throughout building.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them before they become problems for our customer.
- Able to effectively communicate with architects, engineers, customers and team members (written and oral).
- Meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Team player, support the company's goals and objectives, in a professional manner.