The Senior Cloud Support Engineer will accept escalations from L1 and L2 team members and routes to other levels or teams as appropriate. Individuals in this role are problem solvers and ticket closers.
Our client is an industry leader in managed Desktop as a Service (DaaS) with a worldwide presence. They ensure the success of their groundbreaking technology through health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. They are top-notch engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies who can handle all problems that come their way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as the customers’ champions.
They are currently searching for a passionate, highly skilled, and team-oriented L3 Senior Cloud Support Engineer with advanced technical skills and product knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer, cloud infrastructure, or other technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Watch ticket queue for new and escalated issues, works technical problem toward resolution and frequently provides relevant customer updates. Knows when to escalate or close issues as required.
- Respond quickly to new issues and prioritizes urgent issues.
- Assist with infrastructure related concerns such as host alerts, workload balancing, networking, storage, etc. To quickly restore customer services.
- Log into phone queue to accept roll overs from lower support tiers and communicates with customers as required.
- Accept escalations from L1 and L2 engineers with the goal to resolve tickets with technical accuracy.
- Complete assigned maintenance tasks such as Windows Updates, applying software patches, and publishing changes to production and test desktop pools.
- Help performance tune server and desktop workloads to meet customer application demand.
- Work closely with technical leadership and customer success managers to provide recommendations, write clear methods of procedures, submit change requests, and plan scheduled work.
- Review and update customer runbooks as appropriate to ensure completeness and information accuracy.
- Optional: Develop automation workflows and code/playbook for troubleshooting, repair, upgrades, software installations, etc. Desktop (10/11).
- Intermediate level knowledge of Virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and related tools.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Technology graduates or comparable experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in L3 Desktop Support.
- Proficient with Monitoring panel views, configuration, and agents.
- Proficient with trouble ticketing system workflow and ticket management, such as ZenDesk.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Windows Servers, Active Directory, SMB file servers, Networking (physical & SDN), virtualization, IaaS Cloud, Windows Desktop (10/11).
- Advanced level knowledge of Virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and related tools.
- Ability to provide technical support and resolve requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills to successfully collaborate with foreign counterparts.
Advantageous Skills / Technologies
- Knowledge of security hardening and compliance.
- VOIP and Teleconferencing software.
- SSO and 2-Factor / MFA Authentication such as SAML, DUO or TrueSSO.
- Cloud Native and IaaS Hyperscaler Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Ubuntu, SLES, RHEL or other commercial Linux operating systems.
- DevOps/Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
- DevOps/Agile tools, such as Atlassian Jira or Asana, Git/GitHub, CI/CD, Jenkins, etc.
- Automation using Ansible, Chef, Bolt, Puppet, or similar.
- PowerShell Scripting.
- Completion of speech eloquence program.
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Work from home
Industry: Information Technology (Software)
Expertise: IT Infrastructure