If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here ($3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bda4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Senior Tax Accountant will be primarily responsible for the preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns and tax provision compliance. It will require tax technical knowledge of the federal and state tax laws. The position will also provide tax support to the Company's largest business segment, assist with tax audits and tax depreciation analysis. The position reports to the Senior Tax Manager and will work closely with other tax staff and other departments.
- Prepare and analyze all book to tax differences for assigned entities for both tax return and tax provision compliance; and reconcile the differences between provision and return. Compile and reconcile state and local apportionment data. Prepare federal, state, and local income/franchise tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, and extensions.
- Work closely with senior tax manager with information gathering and analysis, draft responses for state tax audits and notices and communicate with auditors
- Stay abreast of federal and state tax law changes using RIA, CCH, and other Tax Alerts. Analyze and communicate impact to the company
- Identify and implement process improvements and tax saving opportunities
- Complete all documentation in compliance with SOX requirements
- Prepare tax account reconciliations for assigned entities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline
- Master's degree in Taxation or Accounting preferred
- Five (5) years or more relevant experience in large multinational corporate tax environment and/or top tier accounting firm
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possesses strong technical aptitude. Demonstrated initiative in mastering new technical areas quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax/Provision (intermediate level) preferred
- Analytical proficiency and knowledge of Federal and State income tax (intermediate level)
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel) (intermediate level)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) , preferred.
Job Category: Tax
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.