Are you a seasoned Systems & Network Engineer with a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining robust infrastructure solutions? If so, CIC invites you to join our dynamic team as a Senior Systems & Network Engineer. As a key member of our technology department, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, security, and efficiency of our systems and network architecture.
ABOUT CIC & CIC WARSAW
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster. We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Philadelphia, Providence, St. Louis, Rotterdam, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities.
CIC Warsaw, opened in 2020, is one of the largest innovation-oriented centers in Europe. Our office is located directly next to the Warsaw Central train station and is housed within Varso Place, a new landmark on Warsaw’s map with the tallest building in the EU. Our Warsaw team consists not only of community and relationship teams working together to provide the best community experience but also finance, IT, software and recruiting teams supporting our global efforts.
Learn more about us here.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
As a Senior Engineer at CIC, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, security, and scalability of our systems and network infrastructure. You will play a critical role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our systems to support our current and future business requirements.
• Systems Design and Architecture: Design and implement solutions to meet the organization's evolving requirements, ensuring high availability, performance and security principles implementation.
• Physical Access Control: Set up and manage scalable and reliable door access controls for CIC’s Campuses across the world.
• Deploy and Maintain: Introduce and operate core and auxiliary systems, including but not limited to cloud services (Google Workspace / GCP / Atlassian JIRA SM / ElasticSearch) and internal tools running on docker and both Windows and Linux VMs.
• Capacity Planning: Monitor network traffic and systems usage patterns, and proactively plan for capacity expansion to meet growing demands.
• Vendor Management: Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to procure and maintain network hardware, software, and services at quality level.
• Documentation: Maintain comprehensive network and systems documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, and change management records.
• Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their requirements and provide technical guidance and support.
• Emergency Response: Participate in on-call rota for network-related emergencies and provide timely resolution and support.
• Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers, sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Highly skilled and experienced professional who possesses a combination of technical expertise, leadership qualities, and a commitment to ensuring the integrity and performance of systems and network infrastructure. Here are the key characteristics and qualifications of the ideal candidate:
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of network protocols, technologies, and best practices. You know what ANonce and SNonce are and network attenuation is no stranger to you.
• Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose complex IT issues and implement effective solutions.
• Proven ability to design and implement IT solutions to meet the organization's requirements, ensuring high availability and scalability.
• Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for conveying complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
• Is prepared to be on-call for network-related emergencies and can provide timely resolution and support.
• Works effectively within cross-functional teams, collaborates well, and demonstrates a commitment to teamwork and shared goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Proven experience as a systems / network engineer, with at least 5 years in a senior role.
• Experience working with IT Service Management principles, ITIL certification is a plus.
• Working knowledge of eXtreme, Ruckus or other network equipment (Cisco and Juniper are fine!).
• Experience with physical access controls would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with network security principles and best practices (Zero Trust / SASE).
• Knowledge of monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix or similar.
• Experience with one of the leading Cloud IaaS / PaaS providers (GCP, AWS or Azure).
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration abilities. English language proficiency at C1 level is a must.
• Full-time employment contract (no B2B option).
• Compensation is within 18.000 - 22.000 zł gross range, depending on experience.
• Private medical care (family or individual plan).
• City transportation card (ZTM).
• Apple laptop and mobile phone as your working tools.
• Budget for training.
• Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises based on performance.
• Access to Venture Cafe Warsaw, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community.
Please submit your application in English. Thank you!
CIC welcomes all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status or disability. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.