REQ#: RQ72050Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
Join GDIT and own your career as a Senior Systems Engineer
supporting the Office of Inspector General for the United States Postal Service .
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance and monitoring of the agency's on-premises and cloud server infrastructure
- Establish monitoring requirements for servers and applications as well as develop and deploy alerting strategies
- Coordinate maintenance activities including testing and scheduling for maintenance weekends, including ensuring that all change records have been approved prior to maintenance events.
- Assure implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs
- Implement established goals and objectives
- Evaluate systems performance, and make recommendations for program improvement.
- Create risk mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remedied and work with IT security to review and act on any directed changes
- Upgrade and managing all domain services and works with various system owner to coordinate systems upgrades, system backups as well at hardware refreshes.
- Develops change requests, and track through approvals to completion, for software upgrades and patches.
- Develop technical architecture documentation that details procedures for installation, maintenance, security, configuration, and disaster recovery.
- Respond to events and incidents with possible security architecture or negative user experience impacts; take necessary corrective actions promptly
- Plan, organize, and conduct research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
- Identify and resolve unique issues, recommend innovative solutions to address new needs and/or issues and recommend enterprise upgrades, changes, or enhancements.
- Extensive knowledge administering and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 operating systems.
- Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment.
- Able to architect and deploy Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
- Extensive experience with Azure Administration, building resource groups and managing IaaS deployments.
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and AD Connect
- Administration experience with Microsoft products such as: Data Protection Manager (DPM), Azure backup, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Exchange or Exchange Online
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Experience with Azure services: Azure administration portal, resource groups, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
- Experience with Microsoft Identity Management
- Perform proactive monitoring of system logs, services, scripts, and applications on servers' systems, storage arrays for internal and customer-facing applications
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a consistent record of on-time delivery and customer service to include project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, effective time management,documentation, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields and at least 10 years of specialized IT experience in Microsoft Windows-focused administration to include Active Directory services and Azure services
- The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation.
The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.#OIGOCIOJobs#SystemsEngineer
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. - provided by Dice