Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Senior Study Director to focus on social science mixed methods quantitative and qualitative research projects for the federal government. The candidate should have a content focus in areas such as public health communications, consumer motivations, risk perceptions, decision-making, and/ormessage testing with proven familiarity with social science mixed methods quantitative and qualitative analytic techniques (e.g., ANOVA, ANCOVA, linear and logistic regression, NVivo).
· Directing the design, execution, and interpretation of research across a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
· Leading projects and teams in mixed methods qualitative and quantitative research.
· Presenting and writing about research findings to a variety of audiences to develop, improve, and evaluate communication materials and programs.
· Contributing knowledge and expertise in the social sciences (e.g., experimental social psychology, sociology) for various research efforts.
· Building new relationships with agencies, business partners and universities to support current and future work.
· Writing and leading technical proposals for government clients.
· A PhD in social psychology, sociology, or social science-related field
· A minimum of 8 years of experience managing federal contracts.
· Demonstrated experience publishing manuscripts through the peer-review process and/or publishing in peer-review journals.
· Quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Focus group moderation experience
- Mixed methods evaluation expertise
· Experience writing government proposals
· Experience analyzing quantitative data using standard software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS or R) and/or qualitative data using NVivo
The candidate should have strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally) and have excellent attention to detail.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.