A global leading quantitative hedge fund is seeking a Senior Storage Engineer to join their team in Chicago or New York! This team is responsible for scaling storage and data services throughout the entire firm. If you're looking a role in a fast-paced, challenging, and innovative environment, don't hesitate to apply to learn more about the position and the firm!
Senior Storage Engineer Responsbilities:
- Collaborate with developers, quantitative researchers, and business stakeholders to evaluate new storage software and hardware to meet the firm's requirements.
- Design, develop, deploy, implement, and support automation tools to monitor, manage, and provision storage devices.
- Identify areas to automate that will manage and report user data more efficiently.
- Provide support to different teams when needed, i.e. escalation support to operational teams & software engineers
Senior Storage Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 5+ years with professional experience building scalable data storage services for enterprise environments (EMC, NetApp)
- In-depth knowledge of backend storage and use cases
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with NFS & Unix
- Highly proficient with utilizing Python for automation
- Experience with Salt, Puppet or Ansible for configuration management systems
- Ability to effectively communicate