Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team:
The Senior Staff Software Engineer will help lead and guide the multidisciplinary teams through concept selection, design development, risk assessment, verification/validation, and finally into manufacturing and product launch of software including both patient and HCP facing Apps, embedded software, and non-medical software used for manufacturing and internal purposes.
Who do we want:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
What you will do:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with internal customers (including end user insights from the design team) and marketing to draft requirements and design documentation.
- Provide architectural guidance for the application software development for sensor assisted orthopedics surgery products.
- Design and implement complex components and systems including architectural design, relevant design documentation, and test planning and execution.
- Evaluate new standards and technologies, select software development libraries and tools, and procure and integrate third-party software products.
- Work with developers, product managers, and application experts to ensure that application software satisfies all the requirements.
- Work independently with surgeon customers in a user setting, clearly communicate design goals and incorporate feedback into designs.
- Participate in, solicit feedback and document reports as needed on cadaveric evaluations.
- Be responsible for the compliance and implementation of software development processes (SDLC).
- Ensure compliance with the relevant requirements in cooperation with other engineering disciplines, QA/RA/AO, etc.
- Maintain and improve engineering methods and practice
- Train and mentor regarding established engineering best practices, design principles, processes, and tools
- Work with core team to determine project schedules and time commitments of self and other functional project team members and be able to clearly communicate status of assignments to project management.
- Be detail oriented with strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
What you need:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Qualifications and Work Experience Required
- 6+ years of experience
- Proficiency in C# and .Net development.
- Experience with complex product launches in a highly regulated environment (preferrable in medical field)
- Experience in model driven software development
- Demonstrated ability to architect high quality software
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Object oriented design and analysis
- Software design, development and verification methodologies
- Principles of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networking
- Use of software development tools such as compliers, interpreters, programming editors, debuggers, source code control, defect management.
- Windows-based software development skills
- Proficiency with Windows Presentation Framework and desktop application development.
Nice to Haves:
- Master's Degree.
- Experience creating applications that interface with cloud components in AWS and Azure.
- Proficiency with Bluetooth Low Energy communications in a Windows environment.
- Experience in medical device domain and FDA regulation is a plus