Senior SQL Data Engineer required by leader in their field to be based predominantly remote with 1-2 days a month in the office in Bedford. As the first person in the SQL data engineering function, you will be tasked with…
- Maintaining the smooth running of the production environment.
- Lead on the development of the Data Warehouse and reporting outputs
- Ensure that data security standards are always met.
- Support of the Data Estate and underlaying server infrastructure
- Developing SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Managing complex Data Warehouse and OLAP cubes
- Planning and implementing future technology developments and undertaking project work
- Responsible for writing clean, well-designed code, following coding standards and best practices.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks for all data engineering projects.
- Responsible for integration work, including international products.
- Responsible for suggesting improvements to existing products and implementing them across our data estate, looking for opportunities for automation and service improvements.
The successful SQL Engineer will be able to tick the following…
- Expert level of knowledge of data engineer as a practitioner in commercial environments
- A high level of skill and experience at all levels of the technology stack, including server-side, database, and Cloud.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Azure SQL, SSIS, T-SQL
- Sound understanding of database architecture and relevant underpinning concepts including relational data modelling, performance optimisation and scaling
- Able to identify technical risks and propose alternative solutions
- Awareness of current trends and developments in data engineering
Salary of up to £70k plus package please apply now.