From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll provide technical oversight and engineering solutions to most complex and strategic development projects. You'll oversee design reviews and frameworks for multiple product teams and large portfolios. You'll be responsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive, and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support business plans and long-term strategies.
Our team works in close partnership with business leaders to deliver innovative solutions to leading problems in the insurance industry. In this role, you will join the leadership team across the GRM-US Personal Lines Products portfolio. You'll help drive adoption of architecture standards to promote operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency and cost optimization into operating norms. You will be recognized as a thought leader within discipline who influences decisions made by senior leadership and advances the craft of engineering within our organization.
- Develops clear, comprehensive, and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations that ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility within a business capability domain or portfolio.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with technology leaders, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range product features. Provides oversight at the portfolio level influencing decision-making and prioritizing the engineering backlog for the programs and teams.
- Responsible for defining and leading engineering excellence guardrails.
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project or Market.
- Educates and drives adoption of the well-architected framework in order to promote Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, Cost Optimization into cultural norms.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and technology teams.
- Mentors staff to develop technical engineering capabilities.
- Shares expertise ensuring that teams are continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future engineering needs. Demonstrated through publication and speaking engagements or other indicators of external industry recognition of expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelor s or Master s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years of related experience
- Extensive experience in software engineering languages and tools
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded
- Proficiency in product and system components of technical architecture
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry
- Strong influencing and consensus building skills, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds
- Proven experience with agile practices and expectations
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.