This is a remote position and we're considering candidates in the Americas timezones.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect (ProServ) to join our world class Customer Experience (CX) team. Solutions Architects at Grafana Labs provide customers with specialized business and technical consultation, and guidance to achieve their objectives using Grafana.
What’s that actually mean? It means our customers:
Have a professional services partner at Grafana that understands their challenges and guides them to solutions through training, roadmapping, and specialized consulting. Have a partner that is not quota/sales-based, and can authentically have their best interest at heart. Have a partner that can share relevant stories and best practices across customers, helping them better achieve their own goals, while delivering a white-glove service engagement for offerings, features, and overall experience.
Our SAs need to be hands-on-keyboard. You need to understand the ecosystem of services that our customers use and work with the customer to ensure success with Grafana at the center. We’d expect you to understand why Kubernetes is popular, how it relates to Prometheus, the difference between logs and metrics, the difference between pets and cattle, and more...
Our SAs manage the life-cycle of our customer’s onboarding and adoption of Grafana offerings and features, with a commitment to deliver world-class experiences and time to value. You will be responsible for delivering packaged training, quick-starts, session cataloging, project and roadmap assurance, as well as specialized consulting for high-priority customers with complex technical requirements and resource constraints. This will include being an extra set of hands, hearts, and brains for customers (virtually or on-site).
Our SA is responsible for managing the ongoing support to customers to ensure they’re continuing to get value from our commercial products and OSS projects. They will monitor support requests to identify any recurring issues, acting as the voice of the customer, and work with our product teams to recommend changes and improvements to our products. You will be successful in this role if you still love to be hands-on on the keyboard, can play in the command line, but also enjoy customer engagement, project management, and technical delivery.
In addition to the required technical expertise, they’ll also require base project management skills to monitor the progress of the customer initiative.
- Effective in working with customers, including business executives, project managers, and IT development staff.
- Effective in understanding business needs and distilling the information into business and technical requirements.
- Comfortable working with complex business and technological requirements and translating into the design of solutions, including data visualization, workflow recommendations, migrations, and enterprise scale architecture.
- Ability to act as a functional lead and able to demonstrate clear approach to methodology as well as functional capabilities. Leads functional workshops with customers, documents requirements, and designs appropriate solutions.
- Speed is paramount. This team is nimble and is the fulcrum to accelerate the delivery of the solution for customers.
- Be a strong advocate for adherence to standards and best practices.
- Stay current on Grafana Labs, observability, and related technologies.
- You'll be a key resource for our Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Support, and Professional Services teams as they look to drive innovation and improvements into future product and offering enhancements.
- If you enjoy working with customers to help them succeed and thrive on working with leading-edge technologies, this is the role for you.
What you'll bring along:
- 5+ years of experience working on deployment teams, using project management techniques.
- Direct experience with o11y.
- Best practices for both using and deploying an o11y stack (visualization, alerting, metrics, logs, traces) - preferably with Grafana products (Grafana, Prometheus/Cortex/Enterprise Metrics, Loki/Enterprise Logs, Jaeger/Tempo).
- A proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably enterprise o11y implementations for large customers
- Self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with customers, partners, and internal members.
- Vision to help us take our company to the next level.
- Executive Presence.*nix and Windows Server Administration.
- Kubernetes (kubectl, Helm, Tanka preferred).
- Experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Systems Architecture design.
- Software Engineering experience and or ability to read code (GoLang/JS/TypeScript).
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $165,000 - $200,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.