The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for estimating, crafting, implementing and/or managing change to client solutions. You will work with external Acxiom clients to gather and translate customer requirements into solutions, through architecture and design artifacts, and provide technical leadership to the project or account team, ensuring both the client's and Acxiom's overall business strategy and technical vision are incorporated into the solution. You will be responsible for the end-to-end solution design and provide technical leadership throughout the implementation project. You will provide client support that requires a focus on consulting for the proposed solution, process improvements, issue resolution, research of client data inquiries, and working closely with internal and external associates.
*This role can be located almost anywhere in the U.S.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with client to collect requirements, perform scoping & estimation for new client implementations and handle change requests
- Identify client's business needs and engage in most efficient solution method for changes/solutions
- Provide direction with technical and business partner requirements and overall project plan as it relates to the solution. Provide input into risk mitigation assessment and ensure data solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs).
- Transform customer requirements information into logical process flows, considering cost, portability, compatibility, and usability as well as Acxiom corporate initiatives
- Build detailed design specifications from high level design and business requirements to include: Data Ingestion, Hygiene and Recognition, data models and mapping, data aggregations, data mart integration with 3rd-party tools, reports, outputs, and custom process design
- Set expectations with account teams and clients on expected service levels and support
- Perform impact analysis to evaluate impact of changes to existing system
- Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality, and stewardship of client solution architecture
- Educate internal Acxiom associates and external clients on the solution, tech stack, capabilities, constraints, support levels, and services
- Provide technical leadership to the account team ensuring we have strong account management procedures to meet client expectations and ensure the quality of the services we deliver
- Partner with the customer to understand, maintain, and improve solution roadmap and have a deep understanding of the business value we provide our customers
- Responsible for having end to end knowledge of the solution
- Critical issue point for research and issue resolution
- Maintain subject matter expertise in Acxiom and industry technologies, verticals and lines of business to help align client business needs to products, solutions and services offered.
DO YOU HAVE?
- 4-year college degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years' experience in technical roles, including experience designing solutions as an architect, developer or similar role
- Ability to collaborate with mid to high-level client partners and communicate effectively. Ability to adjust communication and presentation styles based on different audiences
- Ability to take detailed, highly technical concepts and present in a high-level non-technical fashion. Capable of effectively communicating the business benefits of the solution
- Ability to exhibit and demonstrate leadership within a given implementation or major change project and provide technical leadership to the team
- Proven experience in working with large data sets (development and design)
- Solid grasp of relational databases, with experience in data modeling, data warehousing, and data mart ETL
- Designing and developing with Oracle SQL and scripting languages, such as Unix shell, Perl, and Python
- Demonstrated experience with database design creation, elicitation, and planning
- Problem-solving and quantitative skills with aptitude for debugging problems in complex, unfamiliar code
- Strong programming experience with at least one of the following: Bash, Perl, Python, Java
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and GIT
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
- 3+ years' experience with database marketing, direct marketing, or interactive marketing environments
- 1+ years' experience with cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 1+ years' experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka)
- Expertise in data lakes, warehouses, modeling, ETL, and big data platforms (Snowflake, Qubole, Databricks)
- Experience with API and API Clients (Postman)
- Extensive experience with database development tools (Oracle, Toad), ETL and integration technologies
- Domain expertise in developing large scale systems
- Understanding of system architecture, network topology, and deployment concepts
- Experience working in controlled development, testing and production environments
- Familiarity with development toolkits & source repositories (GitHub), SQL interpreters (TOAD), etc.
- Core Acxiom product knowledge (i.e. Data Hygiene and Recognition)
PRIMARY LOCATION CITY/STATE:
Homebased - Conway, Arkansas
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or other protected status.