REQ#: RQ68123Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer/Tester
. This is a 100% home based remote role
. You will be responsible for performing Quality Assurance activities; such as writing and executing test cases, analyzing and interpreting test results, identifying, reporting and tracking defects.
- Work closely with the leadership team on a large, complex program involving numerous, integrated software products
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications for functional and automated regression, and performance testing
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects complex software system, including data, APIs, and web application
- Identify gaps in test approach, strategize on a plan to fill the gaps, and then execute that plan
- Design and maintain automated test scripts covering fundamental front and backend functions in the application
- Work with IT Developers to improve automated testing where possible
- Create manual test cases and validation of automation failures
- Create and manage defects through the product life cycle
- Generate test reports and traceability matrices
- Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
- Assist in keeping application specifications accurate and up to date
- Perform service-level testing on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss risk and risk mitigation
- Creating and executing system test plans, test cases, and test scripts using automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cypress, and jMeter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Social Science or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in software testing in an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with front end automation tools such as Cypress or Selenium
- Experience with integrating automated testing into CI/CD processes
- Hands-on experience with API testing tool such as Postman, Insomnia or Paw
- Hands-on experience with database management software (MySQL, Robo 3T, PLSQL), database query experience.
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Stress, Load, etc.)
- Experience in writing and executing test cases, analyzing and interpreting test results, and ability to identify, record, and track defects
- Experience in test data generation and maintenance
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Knowledge on automated testing framework implementation and maintenance.
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software including use of in-browser development tools
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Proficient in at least one source control tool (Git)
- Proficient in at least one issue tracking tool (JIRA)
- Proficient in at least one test management tool (TestRail, Quality Center)
- Candidate must reside in the United States
Attributes for Success
- Experience in micro-services based Architecture and messaging protocols preferred
- 7+ years of experience testing web-based applications and 3+ years leading test teams
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and good SQL skills preferred
- Automated and manual experience testing and validating web interfaces and API based on these technologies is preferred
- UNIX experience preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with jmeter and Unified Functional Testing- UFT (former Quick Test Pro -QTP) is a plus.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and analytic capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skill
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. - provided by Dice