Job Requisition ID #
Senior Software Engineer, Digital Employee experience Position Overview
Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on engaging and challenging projects? Do you have a start-up mentality? If this sounds like you... let's talk.
Autodesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the (dEX) Digital Employee Experience team within the Digital Enterprise Services IT organization. This team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to optimize the company's business critical systems and processes through building re-usable platforms that enrich and improve overall Autodesk employee experience.
Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.Join us in Novi, Michigan!
Novi continues to be one of the fastest growing cities in Michigan and ranks among the top of its neighboring county communities for research, technology and service companies. The city is located approximately 25 miles northwest of the center of Detroit, and 25 miles from the center of Ann Arbor.
Remote work allowedResponsibilities
- Design, develop and deliver full-stack, high-value, cloud-based applications and experiences
- Ensure delivery of high-quality solutions by actively participating in quality assurance efforts
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other members within the team
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders locally and across the globe
- Participate in an agile-based development practice delivering value at high velocity
- Cross-team collaboration and coordination to ensure reliable, secure, available and scalable releases
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience in large scale software development
- Knowledge and experience with web technology stacks
- Hands-on experience developing both Android and iOS mobile apps
- Demonstrable IT knowledge commensurate with DevOps in an Enterprise and public cloud (AWS)
- Experience in modeling, implementation and performance tuning of relational and document databases
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Experience in GraphQL or Restful APIs
- Experience in developing native mobile apps using React Native or Google Flutter
- Experience deciding when to use common software design patterns, including server-less design within public cloud (AWS)
- Experience utilizing the Agile methodology
- Self-motivated, autonomous, empathetic and great communication skills
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.