Pharmacy Benefits Reinvented- As the industry's alternative pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), we're committed to making prescriptions more affordable for you and your members. Here at Navitus, our team members work in an environment that celebrates creativity, fosters diversity and encourages growth. We welcome new ideas and share a passion for excellence.
The Senior Software Engineer ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT Strategic Technology Systems Development to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Senior Software Engineer serves as a lead role in the analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of existing and new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
Is this you? Find out more below!
How do I make an impact on my team?
* Collaborate with business teams to identify business needs and translate into technical requirements
* Research and identify new technologies and technology upgrades which will enhance the ability to deliver robust solutions
* Design, develop, document and implement application enhancements according to business and technical requirements
* Peer reviews to evaluate performance of team members as required
* Estimate effort required for the design, development and implementation on a project-by-project basis
* Work with other technical teams to define and identify cross-functional solutions for integration with new or existing technologies
* Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
* Experience with one or more of the following:
* Angular (Angular Material, Bootstrap, etc.).
* RESTful services
* MS SQL
* Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code
* Adobe XD or similar design tool
What our team expects from you?
* College degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering
* 8+ years of professional development experience
* Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices including object-oriented programming.
* Extensive knowledge of source control tools such as TFS and Git.
* Knowledge of 508 compliance related design
* Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
* Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge
* Participate in, adhere to, and support compliance program objectives
* The ability to consistently interact cooperatively and respectfully with other employees
What can you expect from Navitus?
* Hours/Location: Monday - Friday with opportunity for flexible work schedule, at the Madison Office
* Paid Volunteer Hours
* Educational Assistance Plan and Professional Membership assistance
* Referral Bonus Program - up to $750!
* Top of the industry benefits for Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off, Eight paid holidays, 401K, Short-term and Long-term disability, College Savings Plan, Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance Program, and Employee Assistance Program