Genesis10 is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Product Development for a leading client. This is a direct hire need that can be worked remotely within one of the following areas: Dayton, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Cincinnati, OH, Evansville, IN, Chicago, IL, Lexington, KY. Candidates must be able to travel in for important meetings in the future when needed. Wireless industry or product knowledge highly desired!
This role will work within the product development department and is responsible for implementing software development on infrastructure/deployment automation projects aligning with overall company and departmental goals. Both legacy code support/enhancement as well as new development are in-scope for this position. You will have the opportunity to gain experience with both legacy systems and new technologies alike.
- Helping identify and triage DevOps-related issues, including researching potential solutions and proposing directions for technical decisions
- Collaborating with managers and other senior developers to establish development best practices and refine internal processes
- Mentoring other developers in best-practices surrounding security, performance, and general systems architecture
- Helping architect and implement systems for test automation, deployment automation, monitoring/observability, and failover/reliability
- Helping plan, strategize, and execute migration of legacy codebase into new technical stack, including decomposition of existing monolithic services/applications into new microservices and microfrontends
- Supporting internal development teams & participating in oncall rotations
- Collaborating with Business Analysts and other departments to gather project requirements, implement test plans, and provide required functionality
- Designing and developing both internal as well as customer-facing applications
- Developing custom web services and designing internal APIs
- Maintaining and migrating legacy software and applications
- Integrating with third-party systems
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development / systems administration experience
- Knowledge of Linux server management principles such as scripting, virtualization, and containerization
- Knowledge of application security principles and development best-practices such as OWASP Top Ten and Twelve-Factor Applications
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Experience with application containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and supporting Linux-based servers via CLI
- Experience creating, maintaining, and supporting CI/CD pipelines with both on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience developing, running, and supporting microservice-based architecture in a production environment
- Experience developing web services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at .
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V